Saturday 22 April 2017

THE STUDENT UNION GOVERNMENT KSU, ANYIGBA CRISES. THE ISSUE SO FAR AND MY CONTRIBUTION. - By Okolo Gabriel Papa


Please you guys should read what Okolo Gabriel Papa (SUG Senate Chief Whip) has to say about the Former SUG President Philip Omepa.

THE STUDENT UNION GOVERNMENT KSU, ANYIGBA CRISES. THE ISSUE SO FAR AND MY CONTRIBUTION.

The crises in the Student Union Govt, KSU, Anyigba has been on before the first strike action and still on till this one. But, I will not waste your time to go into stories of how it started, how handled it to this moment for the interest of the students and how the student where taken as fools. But, Comr. Shaibu Philip Omepa the former SUG president and Usman Husseini Attaja the Speaker/JCC Chairman kogi state axis knows the part I played to keep the union going and to curtail the crises and I must say I appreciate their maturity and respect to let issues go after my intervention.
Now the main issue. Between yesterday and today I have received several calls from different people who are either supporting the impeachment of Philip, against it or those who are neutral as the case may be. Some said if you guys supported Philip and contributed to him becoming the president of the union why the Impeachment. Some even went as far as saying why destroy him, some said its too late and I tell them I will answer your questions at the right time and now i want to set the record straight.
When the issue of bribery, forgery and deceit was raised against the ex president Philip Omepa I decided to say anything till I do my fact finding, then I started receiving calls from different Senators of the Union that Philip has taken the students for granted and it's high time he's impeached for a capable hand to take over so that the students can go back to class, I told them, give me 24hours I will see what I can do to resolve this and immediately I called Philip to ask him what the issue was which he explained to me and I told him what will be good for him and the students, in the evening of that day myself and Philip still had a long conversation on Facebook and I told him call the Speaker to a round table and iron out issues with him on what you have been doing, if you feel you are innocent of the allegations so far make him understand so that the Speaker can talk to the Senators and other students then we can all strategies on how to end the lingering strike for the interest of the students, he agreed with me and we called it a day. I waited for him to act on our discussion which he never did and the 24hours was over, so I had to beg for another 6hours to think of a way forward and when I was done, to clear my conscience I sent him a text which he didn't reply neither did he call back because he felt he was powerful and nothing can happen to him nor his office. But, where he's getting such courage from I don't know, all I know is he is being deceived by an enemy who pose as a friend to destroy him. After waiting for his (Philips) call or reply to no avail I decided to forget about him and do my own investigations before the call from the senators will come so I will know what to tell them, I did and I got the information I needed. The next morning which was yesterday, I was in my house washing my cloths when I saw the Speaker in company of about 23 Senators that came to call me for the sitting, then I felt there no longer trust me and that was why they came so we can go together because I was asking for more time from them all the while with no positive result and the people around said give them the Mace and let them go which I refused saying it's against my oath of office so, i told them to wait that we will leave together, while I was about bathing to leave with the Senators, I received a message from the Chief Security Coordinator that Philip reported me and accused me of wanting to take the mace outside the school for sitting which the CSC asked if it was right and advised I shouldn't do that, then I knew Philip was not sincere and he was playing a game because he feels he is untouchable. I had my bath took my mace and left with the Senators to the security unit where we met the CSC absent and we drop a letter for him notifying him of our sitting before heading to Arts and Humanities faculty for the sitting and impeachment of Philip Omepa proper. To those who asking questions about what happened, I hope I have answered your questions and if you are not satisfied call me for more clarifications. Thank you all and God bless you.
Long live SUG KSU.
Long live Kogi State University. Long live Kogi State.
Long live Nigeria.
Aluta continuer. Okolo Gabriel Papa (SUG Senate Chief Whip)

No comments:

Post a Comment