Thursday 19 November 2015

Samson Siasia Pleads With Kidnappers To Release Mum – “I Don’t Have Money To Give You”


Following the kidnapping of his mother in Bayelsa, Head Coach of the Flying Eagles, Samson Siasia has told the kidnappers they made a mistake because he has no money to give them.

“Right now I am confused, from the story I got, three men on motorbike stormed my parents house in my village Odoni in Bayelsa State, shot sporadically into the air before taking my old mother away on a bike,” said Siasia, who is with the team in Gambia preparing for the African Youth Championship in Senegal.

“What do they expect from me? I don’t have money, I am right now on national duty, and need all the time to concentrate on this very important national task, so I beg them to please release my mother so that I can concentrate on this task of qualifying the U-23 National Team for the men’s football event of the Rio Olympics.”

Siasia pleaded for his mother’s release, saying she was the only taking care of his visually impaired father.

The kidnapping has already been reported to the police, with the Nigerian Football Federation also pleading for Mrs Siasia’s release.

“This is quite disturbing,” NFF president Amaju Pinnick said. “We are just preparing for a crucial 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifying match, and the U-23 boys are already in The Gambia for a pre-Cup of Nations training camp. Why this?

“All we can do is to appeal to the kidnappers to free Samson Siasia’s aged mother. Samson is on a critical national assignment presently and the last he needs is this kind of distraction.”

No comments:

Post a Comment