Showing posts with label naija news. Show all posts
Showing posts with label naija news. Show all posts

Tuesday, 30 May 2017

Kogi Govt Forcefully Engaged School Children To Clean Lokoja Township Roads On Children’s Day

…Lacks the real essense of Children’s Day celebrations. It is common knowledge that children are the future of every country. They are the future of a great nation only if given a solid foundation on which a better society can be built. The direction of a nation therefore can be gauged by...
Read More »

Kogi Targets 50,000 Jobs Through Omi Dam

Kogi State Governor, Alh Yahaya Bello has assured the people of the state that Kogi will focus on agriculture to win against recession. The Governor disclosed this on Sunday while speaking through his Director General on Media and Publicity, Kingsley Fanwo, saying the massive agricultural...
Read More »

Sunday, 22 November 2015

In Delta - 21 polytechnic students arrested for homosexuality

21 students have been arrested in Asaba, Delta State for involving in same sex activities. As reported by punch, the police acted on a tip off after gathering information that homosexuality has been on the rise in the two state-owned polytechnic institutions and the culprits were...
Read More »

Kogi ElectionsPrince Abubakar Audu reportedly defeats Gov. Wada

There are strong reports that Prince Abubakar Audu, the All Progressive Congress candidate in the Kogi guber race has defeated the incumbent and Peoples Democratic Party candidate, Gov. Idris Wada. According to a report by ThisDay Live, Audu won the State governorship election based...
Read More »

Saturday, 21 November 2015

Kogi Elections - Current statistics of electioneering process

As the electioneering process to determine the next governor and deputy governor of Kogi State continues, he are few statistics from the day's process. According to Punch Newspaper and 24live blog, the process seems to be seamless and voters are going about performing their civic rights...
Read More »

Thursday, 19 November 2015

I Started Robbing When I Was Seven – Suspect (Photo)

A 20-year-old robbery suspect, Yusuf Lawal, who was recently arrested by the Lagos State Police Command, says he started robbing at the age of seven. PUNCH Metro learnt that Lawal, aka Eletu, and another member of his gang, Taju Alabi, aka Kolo, were arrested in the Ebute Meta area of the...
Read More »

Checkout Forbes List Of African Richest Of 2015

Still the African Richest 2015 , Aliko Dangote GCON is a Nigerian billionaire, who owns the Dangote Group, which has interests in commodities. The company operates in Nigeria and other African countries, including Benin, Cameroon, Ghana, South Africa, Togo, Tanzania, and Zambi...
Read More »

Samson Siasia Pleads With Kidnappers To Release Mum – “I Don’t Have Money To Give You”

Following the kidnapping of his mother in Bayelsa, Head Coach of the Flying Eagles, Samson Siasia has told the kidnappers they made a mistake because he has no money to give them. “Right now I am confused, from the story I got, three men on motorbike stormed my parents house in my village...
Read More »

Sunday, 15 November 2015

KogiDecides: Why Ebira Should Support Prince Abubakar Audu – Tom Ohikere

As the November 21st Kogi Governorship election gather momentum, the head, Media and Publicity, Audu/Faleke Campaign Organization, Dr. Tom Ohikere, has implored the people of Kogi Central Senatorial District to vote en masse for the APC governorship candidate, Prince Abubakar Audu. According...
Read More »

In Plateau Court convicts 58 traffic offenders


The Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC) in Plateau said no fewer than 58 motorists in Jos had been convicted for violating traffic rules.

The Sector Commander of the commission in the state, Mr Crawford Oti, who made this known in Jos on Sunday, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) that the motorists were tried by a mobile traffic court on Saturday.

''We actually apprehended 61 offenders, but three of them were discharged by the mobile court, while the remaining 53 were convicted.

''Most of them were convicted over driver's licence violation, overloading, mechanical deficient vehicles, using the telephone while driving, obstruction and seat belt violation,’’ he said.

Other offences which the persons were convicted for, according to Oti, were lane indiscipline, speeding, and windscreen and vehicle licence violation.

He explained that the mobile court exercise was part of the commission’s ‘’ember months’’ safety campaigns.

He called on motorists in the state to abide by traffic regulations and ensure that their vehicles were road worthy.
Read More »

Friday, 30 October 2015

Ministerial Confirmation: We Are Now United – APC

The All Progressives Congress (APC) has said the confirmation of all the ministerial nominees by the Senate, despite some misgivings by the opposition, has shown that the party’s legislators are ready to work with the executive toward the implementation of its agenda for the benefit of all...
Read More »

BVN Deadline: 26m Bank Accounts To Be Frozen

With less than 1 day to the deadline for Bank Verification Number, BVN, about 26 million account holders still haven’t registered to protect their money. The Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, has said no extension would be granted after the deadline expires and customers who still haven’t registered...
Read More »

Wednesday, 30 September 2015

We Will End Boko Haram By December – Army

The Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai, has reiterated the military’s determination to end Boko Haram insurgency in Nigeria in December, a statement said. The statement was issued by the acting Director of Army Public Relations, Col. Sani Usman, in Abuja on Wednesday. It said Buratai...
Read More »

Monday, 28 September 2015

God Weeps For Sexual Abuse Of Children – Pope Francis

Pope Francis today in Philadelphia USA, met with victims of sexual abuse either by clergy men, church workers, teachers or family members. While empathizing with them after hearing their stories, Pope Francis said God weeps for the sexual abuse of children; “I have in my heart these stories...
Read More »

Sunday, 26 July 2015

Nigeria Earns N472bn From Cocoa, Others

The country earned a total sum of $2.4bn (N472bn) from the exportation of cocoa, rubber, and other non-oil commodities within the 2014 fiscal period, figures obtained from the Nigerian Export Promotion Council have revealed.The country’s export figure of $2.4bn for 2014, according to trade...
Read More »

Thursday, 14 May 2015

19 Year Old Chases Family Members Away, Stabs Dad To Death In Onitsha

The Fegge Divisional Police, Onitsha, has arrested 19-year-old Joshua Uzochukwu Ezirim, for allegedly using a kitchen knife to stab his father, Mr. Sampson Ezirim, a book seller at Onitsha Main Market, to death.A source revealed that late Ezirim, who is from Imo State, was stabbed more than...
Read More »

Olusegun Obasanjo Ex-President rejects PDP's plea to help rebuild party


It has emerged that some People’s Democratic Party (PDP) leaders have repeatedly begged the former president Olusegun Obasanjo to help salvage the party, which the Senate President, David mark described as ‘dying.’

According to Premium Times, Obasanjo refused the party’s plea for him to return and help rebuild it ahead of future elections.

In February 2015, the former president publicly renounced his PDP membership at a forum in Abeokuta, Ogun state and directed that his membership card be torn right at the meeting.

Report says those mounting pressure on Obasanjo to return to the party include serving governors and lawmakers. They are said to be making the pleas through visits and via the telephone.

Sources close Obasanjo reportedly overhead him recently telling one of the PDP chieftains on the telephone that party politics is over for him.

“I’m done with party politics here on earth and in heaven. Period,” the former PDP Board of trustees member was quoted to have said.

Speaking in a telephone interview with Premium Times, Obasanjo confirmed that he has been pressured to return to the PDP, stating he will never.

He said, “I’m not ready to discuss partisan politics because I’m done with it. I agree that Nigeria needs a strong and viable opposition and I will continue to encourage that. I will continue to do that even without belonging to a political party. I have moved beyond party politics.”

Following the March 28 presidential election where President Goodluck Jonathan lost to rtd. General Muhammadu Buhari of the All Progressives Congress, the PDP has suffered internal crisis.

In the past weeks, PDP leadership has been shaky, with some of its members demanding the party’s National Chairman Adamu Mua’zu and other executive members to resign. They were accused of working against the party during the elections.
Read More »

Wednesday, 13 May 2015

Wicked Boss: Mechanic Inflicts Deep Cut On Apprentice Head For Not Concentrating (See Photo)

”Mans inhumanity humanity to man”, best describes the incident that occurred at the Utako mechanic workshop, behind Beggar Yard, in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja as a young man identified as Murphy left his apprentice with an unimaginable cut on his head for looking away while a car...
Read More »

Nigerian Air Force Acquires Sophisticated Aircraft To Protect Nigeria

The Nigerian Air Force has recorded some giant strides in the last one year leading to the current successful onslaught against Boko Haram terrorists in every part of the North East where they have hitherto held sway.Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshall Adesola Amosu said some of these was in...
Read More »

No Girl Should Be Married Before The Age Of 17 – Aisha Buhari

Wife of Nigeria’s president-elect, Mrs Aisha Buhari says no girl should be married before age 17.According to her, girls who are of 18 to 20 years old are better matured to give birth to a child than those who are 17 and below.Mrs Buhari said this while speaking to Channels TV at the side-line...
Read More »